On 5 July, the PGA of America reached out to me about participating in their "Why We Love Golf" campaign, looking for 50 words or less on what makes the game special and unique to them.
I had previously written about this before on the blog in this post
. So, I used that as a basis and edited it down to this text:"Between the travel, solitude of practice, introspection, long walks, nature, and sunset rounds, golf has been very much a journey of spiritual growth.
It was also perhaps the way in which my dad and I spent most of our quality time together. He’s gone now, and I miss him dearly, but through golf I now have so many wonderful memories of our time spent together."
And the result is this!
Are you on Instagram? I'd love to hear your story about why you love the game! Tell me about it in the post comments above!
This is where each photo was taken:
- The view from Belle Isle State Park with the City of Detroit and the GMRenCenin the backdrop
- The breathtaking dogleg right Par 4 331-yard (303-meter) 7th hole at Golf Club Crans Sur Sierre, where the DP World Tour's Omega European Masters is played each year in the French part of Switzerland.
- The famous Swilcan Bridge on the very wide dogleg right Par 4 366-yard 18th hole at the home of golf Old Course at St. Andrews Links in Scotland
- Thunder Bayou Golf Links in Blyethville, Arkansas
- John Daly and I walking at the 2017 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship in Washington, DC
- The tough, dog leg right 459-yard uphill 8th hole at the The Majilis Course at Emirates Golf Club, home of the Hero Dubai Desert Classic in Dubai, UAE.
- GolfMountain Engstligenalp Abelboden – a cow pasture in the German part of Switzerland that gets turned into a golf course at the end of each season
The campaign is also on Facebook
, although, with just the 2nd photo only.